Sunday, September 16, 2007

this is fiction.

"Drink it!"
"But I'm innocent! What are you trying to achieve through my death?!"
"That is none of your concern, but I'll show mercy to a dying man. The Council has conveniently voted for your death ever since you took a bite out of the President's Mooncake. Well, it is but a vendetta to frame the President; we long wanted to install our own regime."
"What about the Truth? Now, don't force me or I'll cry for help..."
"Anyhow, anything you do is futile. We already have the place surrounded by the Old Guards of Tomorrow, a pretty nice name I'd say. There is no escape except death."
"Spare my wife; my daughter! Please, promise me their safety! I'd do as you say..."
"They already are safe my dear Minister, and I'll let you in on a secret. Your daughter was never yours, nor your wife. They were merely employed to play their parts; they are as much anyone's wife and daughter for that paltry wage."
"But those nights, those mornings! Did they mean nothing? Are all of these a part of your masterplan?"
"Not mine, but the Council's. I act in their service. All those joys and hope and dark passions in your bedroom; we engineered them. See this green vial? It has allowed you to experience what you never would have had, one milligramme a day, two for the night, many many for so many years, well math was never my forte, but you get the idea."
"Then what was the meaning of my life? Have I done no good? Why, why must I have been the scapegoat?"
"I told you it's because you took a bite out of His Soon-To-Be-Overthrown's Mooncake, don't you ever listen? Your life would be worth something now, that you'd be the one contributing to our Rise. Now now, bottoms up :D"
"It'd all end with the state believing your skewed 'truth'? Why you must be naive, they are as discerning as that dumb bodyguard next to you; do you really think you'd succeed?"
"For your information, this bodyguard here has a Ph.D., a wife and a son. You really don't learn do you? We've been feeding the state this vial for a month now, they'd take in any information like the next parrot. Now bottoms up, I'm tired, or would you rather be fed?"
At the instance the Minister picked up the glass of poison, the missile launched by the Council hit the mud-hut they were in.
The State saw the President launch the missile, and soon after a new Regime arose.

No comments: